Monday, February 25, 2013

Travel Fever

Yes, I have the bug. The Travel Fever bug. The "I need to get out of this town before my head caves in" type of feeling.

It hits me about every 6 months. And it's intense. I start getting super twitchy and it's all I can do to stop from kidnapping Bryce and just driving. And not stopping for about 7 hours.

I don't know if I just get bored of life or if I have a hard time settling down (that analysis could probably be its own Blog post entirely.) But, regardless of the reason, I just have the insatiable urge to travel. Explore. Do something to break up the monotony of everyday life.

I have been told that I am spontaneous. It may be true. But, it may also be a curse. It comes creeping up on me and I just need to throw all caution the wind and drive far away. Or buy a plane ticket to anywhere. But it has to be acted upon.

                                             

For instance, this past weekend my family called me and invited me to the Hunter's Expo in Salt Lake City at the last minute. And so I immediately packed a bag and caught the train and ended up  sleeping over (even though I already had plans.) Just because. I don't know if that makes me irresponsible or just restless. It's probably both.

And it's weird because I have tons of friends here that I dearly enjoy and I love my job at KSL and I even really enjoy being in Provo. I like the city, the culture, and the vibe of Northern Utah. But every once in a while I just get the strong urge to leave it all behind and just leave.

I am just thirsting for a good adventure I guess. I get bored of the mundane lifestyle I suppose and so I just need to roadtrip and explore every once in a while to make me feel alive.

Due to our current finances, my adventure will have to be relatively close and cheap. I am thinking maybe Mesa, Denver or San Francisco, three places that I have never been.

India will just have to wait for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment